Apply for eTA Canada Visa

If you are planning to travel to Canada soon and you are from a country that is part of the visa-exempt then you will need to apply for eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization Canada). Countries that are visa-exempt include the United Kingdom, Australia and a large number of other countries, that you can check here.

Do I need to apply for Canada visa?

Applying for eTA will give you the appropriate permission to enter the Canadian border and without it you will not be allowed to visit Canada, unless you have another form of visa that covers the purpose of your trip. eTA gives you authorization to visit Canada or business, tourism and travel purposes for up to six months at a time (provided your passport is valid).
You can apply for eTA using the online form and it will take approximately 10 minutes to complete the questions. You will need to complete some passport information, personal information, contact details and eligibility questions. Usually you will get confirmation of your application within just a few minutes but it can take up to 72 hours. Therefore, it is recommended that you apply for eTA at least 72 hours before you are planning to travel to Canada, or even earlier than that.

What do I need to apply for eTA visa Canada?

To apply for eTA you will need a valid passport, a debit or credit card to make the payment for your application and you also require an email address for your eTA correspondence to be sent to. It is really important that you take care when you are completing the information in your eTA application, as incorrect information such as the wrong passport number or example will mean that you need to re-apply again.
Visit the eTA application page to full details of the steps involved in applying for your eTA.