Canadian Student Visa

Are you going to Canada to study? If you are a foreign national planning to attend a college in Canada and become a student then you will usually need to get a student visa for your time in Canada.

Requirements for Student Visa in Canada

You can apply for a Canadian student visa either online or by paper application. First of all, you will need to have a letter of acceptance from a recognised higher education institute in Canada. You will need to make an electronic copy of your documents if you are applying online so that you can upload them. You will also need to provide proof that you can afford to study e.g. your tuition fees and living expenses. You must have a valid passport or travel document to apply.

Who can apply for student visa in Canada?

You do not need a study permit if you are studying for six months or less but most foreign nations will require a study permit if they plan to study for longer than six months. If you have a letter of acceptance for a Canadian place of higher education then you can apply for a student visa. If you are studying for less than six months, you can have an eTA visa if you are from a designated eTA country.

Studying in Canada

If you haven’t already chosen your program and school in Canada then you can find out more information at EduCanada about the education options and to learn more about the fees. Do this before you apply for a student visa for Canada.

Canadian Universities

When you are deciding which college or university to pick, you should research the area, find out as much as you can about the program and also make sure you fully understand how much it will cost overall to study on the program you choose.

Canada Erasmus program (if they have) available with eTA visa program

Canada is one of the partner countries of the Erasmus program, meaning that some actions of the program are open to some actions of the program. You can find out more information about this here.