What if I fly into Canada on a Private Airplane?

If you are flying into Canada and you are a citizen of a visa-exempt country then you must have a valid visa to enter Canada, such as an eTA. An eTA is required for travellers that fly into the country on a private airplane, just as they would with any airline. You will still go through Customs and present your travel documents to show that you have valid authorisation to enter Canada.
Pilots who frequently fly into Canada on a private aircraft carrying no more than 15 people are able to apply for the CANPASS Private Aircraft program which makes it easier to get clearance when flying into Canada. It is important for passengers to check the list of prohibited items to ensure that they do not enter border control with any banned items such as certain foods or medication etc.